Board of Trustees
The Board of trustees is responsible for the church facilities and parsonage, which includes making decision about such things such as: the roof, the air conditioning systems, grounds maintenance, snow removal, painting , the kitchen, the carpeting and tile throughout the building, the windows, the hot water heaters, water purity, computer connectivity, security within the church (cameras and nightly lockup), insurance coverage for the church, maintenance of the parking lot, replacement of furniture, etc.
The Trustees ensure a safe and comfortable environment for worship and church activities to occur. Board members serve a 2-year term. Members need to be able to attend a majority of the monthly meetings where most decisions are voted on (others done by email) and be available to volunteer their time to lead projects requiring data for votes or save the church contractor expenses by accomplishing tasks ourselves.
Meets 7:00 pm 2nd Tuesday of the month!
Maintains the Mt. Zion cemetery, sells grave sites & prepares for burials. Communicates and works with the funeral home and deceased love ones.
Meets as needed
The leadership committee for guiding the vision and mission of Mt Zion. Membership include all committee chairs and any members of the church who wish to attend.
Meets 7:00 pm the 4th Tuesday of month
The Communications committee provides the coordination between Mt Zion and the community. We advertise events that are happening in the church and promote community participation.
This group plans the children and youth events for the year. We are a small group and would love additional voices to plan activities for our young people. We help plan events such as Fall activities, Christmas activities, Easter activities, special events, etc. and any new event we can come up with!
The Fellowship Committee strives to bring together members of the church with those in the community by hosting numerous events throughout the year. In the past we have hosted the annual chili cook off, murder mystery dinners, off-campus dinner theater outings, Sunday’s “Fellowship Café”, annual church picnic, and many other fun activities.
Our mission is to provide warm and welcoming opportunities for Christian fellowship that nourish the body, mind, and sprit with God’s love.
Accepts cash gifts in memory of church members who have passed from this life to life eternal. Provides accounting, correspondence, and works with family members to find a suitable memorial item to purchase for church use.
Meets as needed
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
The Staff Parish Relations Committee acts as the Human Resources function for the church performing many important functions supporting the pastor and church staff. Examples include:
- Lead the congregation to encourage, strengthen, nurture, support, and respect the pastor(s) and staff and their families. Help the staff set priorities that strengthen the congregation's total ministry.
- Consult with the lead pastor to recommend staff positions to support the strategy of the church leadership team.
- Recommend staff compensation, travel, housing, and other financial matters to the church council through the finance committee.
- Create and update written policy for hiring, evaluating, promoting, retiring, and dismissing staff members who are not subject to appointment. (Procedures must comply with local and state laws.)
- Conduct proper screening (including background checks) for lay employees and volunteers
- Enlist, evaluate, and annually recommend to the charge conference candidates for professional ministry.
- Perform annual reviews of paid staff
Meets 3rd Tuesday Monthly
For more information about any committee, contact email@example.com